Every year around this time people start thinking about the things they are grateful for. It’s a season filled with warm conversations around the dining room table with your family. Board games and mulled apple cider are a staple many families include, as well as that turkey-dinner coma after eating first Thanksgiving dinner, second Thanksgiving dinner, and third-sies. It’s perfection. Maybe not calorie-wise, but definitely relaxation-wise!
I’m Grateful For My Favorite Holiday
For me, Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It’s Thanksgiving and Christmas that are my absolutely favorites!
I’ve sort of created a blog tradition of mine and every year I write a post focused around what I’m thankful for this year. So that’s what this post is going to be.
This year, I’m thankful for:
- That I have a relationship with the most-high, the king of all!
- Health for me and my family.
- That we have Johan’s green card!!
- That my husband is so encouraging and lifts me up when I need it.
- I’m also thankful for a wonderfully blessed first year of marriage! Here’s to many, many, many more!
- That my entire family (Johan’s side and mine) are all safe. That God has been watching over us all.
- For the chance to work for myself.
- I’m also thankful for Mary Kay and that she came up with the idea she did 50 years ago. Little did she know that, that idea would help me move ahead in my dreams. Also thankful because Mary Kay has gotten me on track to knowing God better as well, while also enriching other women’s lives.
- I’m thankful I get to do life on my terms. No more rushing back to the office because I’m a minute late and afraid the micromanagers are going to get annoyed. Petty.
- So thankful for our cuddly kitten, Loki who is the biggest love bug and yet the craziest bug hunter we know.
- I’m so thankful that Johan loves his job as a drafter at a general contractor.
- Thankful we have a roof over our heads, heat and electricity, and even thought it might seem strange, I’m also thankful for the internet.
- I’m also thankful for BSF and my BF leader. BSF has really pushed Johan and I to learn more about God.
There are so many things to be thankful for this year.
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Let me know in the comments.