Do you ever sit down to write at your computer all to just open up an internet window to quickly check if anyone has written you?
Facebook and social media are just a few clicks away, which doesn’t help when we get “bored” with our writing. So we think, “Oh, I will just go check Facebook, Twitter, and my email, quick.” That quickly turns from 10 minutes into 2 hours of wasted time, when you were supposed to be writing instead.
Want to beat social media at it’s own time wasting game?
Take up this virtual writing retreat to kick wasting time in the butt. (Click to Tweet) Read on to find out more.
Wasted Time & Lost Words
I spend way too much time on social media, when I am trying to be productive with my writing. Those words are being thrown away when I decide to go online instead of writing my mind out.
Finding Those Words Again…
This weekend I am going on a writer’s retreat. I will not be on social media (on my computer or my phone) on Saturday [with an exception for the #WritingHarvest Twitter chat at 3pm Pacific time] or Sunday.
I’ve decided I really need these days to write for me. I need to get the words written. I’m my best when I get my words written.
Want to join me in this writing retreat?
Man, wouldn’t it be fun to have a writing retreat in a cabin up in the Rocky Mountains? That would be the best! But until then, we will have to do this virtually. I guess. I’d love to do mountain writer’s retreat someday.
What will be expected of me?
In order to be involved you must:
- Set aside a certain amount of time that you will shut off the social media this weekend. (I chose Saturday [with the 1 hour Twitter chat as an exception] & Sunday for me.)
- Let other people know where and how to reach you. And that you will not be on social media for the amount of time you’ve stated, because you will be on a writer’s retreat.
- On said writer retreat days, you will write for you. Whether that be with a pen and paper or with your computer. Or maybe even with a typewriter? Use whatever inspires you.
- It doesn’t matter what you write as long as you enjoy what you are writing. Is that going to be blog posts? A short story? Some of your novel? Decide what you want to write.
What will you be working on?
I will be working on:
- A months amount of blog posts for this website and online content for Dancing Poet Creative Media.
- My new novel WIP. I have a title, but I don’t want to share it with you all, just yet. I am so excited about this rare and unique project. Love it and am excited to introduce it to the world, but now is not the time.
- Dancing Poet Creative Media‘s Instagram PDF content
- Some new and exciting writing projects for the #WritingHarvest Twitter Chat Community!
Are you in?
Join me on a virtual writer’s retreat this weekend. Turn off social media & just write. (Click to Tweet)