I absolutely love to share things I enjoy or love, with people. Here are some of the different things.
Over the years I’ve spent more than $6,000 in training, marketing strategies, services, and tools. Some of them were worthwhile while others were not.
That got me thinking to put together a resources page with all the things (books, courses, and more) that I enjoyed, found helpful, and were worthwhile.
I’ll also add more as I try new things, so make sure you check back here often. I recommend that you bookmark it for your convenience.
Disclosure: Please understand that many links on this page are affiliate links, and at no added cost to you, I’ll earn a commission if you decide to purchase one of the products below. I chose to list them below, because I actually use them myself and they have been beneficial to me and my business.
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
- Real Artists Don’t Starve: Timeless Strategies for Thriving in the New Creative Age by Jeff Goins
- Self-Editing for Fiction Writers: How to Edit Yourself Into Print by Renni Brown and Dave King (This was so good, I had to get it on my kindle as well as the paper copy I have!!)
Story Is The State Of Mind Course: Sarah Selecky has a fun, creative, and unique program that gets you thinking in a unique was. I’ve used it as the curriculum for a writing retreat before and it’s very helpful at helping you get out of your head and to get words written.
Website & Web-design
Angie Makes Web Design: This is a rocking husband and wife duo.
Lifestyle & Money & Family
AncestryDNA: I love everything about ancestry and family history. There’s just something about knowing where you come from.
Quapital: This is an amazing online bank that allows you to save for your dreams. You can create savings accounts for your dreams and the app will pull out money how often you’d like automatically so you don’t have to worry about saving. Yay, for saving!!
VIPKID: It’s super easy to get started. They pay really well. Sign up with my referral and I’ll help you get hired. Code (Incase it doesn’t add it automatically): DEVIN0027
GoGoKid: It’s a lot of fun teaching ESL. I teach for both VIPKID and GoGoKid! (Incase it doesn’t add it automatically): 8RZ45JWA
Fiction & Non-Fiction I Love
I absolutely love reading, and whenever I find one I absolutely love I can’t help but to share the name of it with people. Then I jump around excitedly inside my mind awaiting the moment they finish it and come talk to me about it.
Lifestyle & Inspiration
- The Cozy Minimalist by Myquillyn Smith
- Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
- Bread & Wine: A Love Letter To Life Around The Table With Recipes by Shauna Niequist
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out, and Lonely by Lysa TerKeurst
- Body Love by Kelly Leveque
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
- Business Boutique: A Woman’s Guide for Making Money Doing What She Loves by Christy Wright
- EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches by Dave Ramsey
- Dave Ramsey’s Complete Guide To Money by Dave Ramsey
Relationships & Marriage
- What Your Husband Isn’t Telling You by David Murrow
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Dr. Gary Chapman
- Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
- The Shadow & Bone Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- The Witches by Roald Dahl (Childhood favorite!)
- All The Light That We Cannot See by Anthony Doerrs