I’ve been trying to learn more about the other social media options rather than just sitting on Facebook, because who is with me – Facebook has gotten strange. And has anyone else noticed how depressing and negative it has been on there lately?
I read something the other day over at Ksenia’s blog, where she said, “Pick one marketing channel and stick with it.” I’ve also heard a few other writers mention that they only stick to 2 or 3 social media sites.
My Social Media Picks:
- Google +
- Instagram (this one is more of a fun add on for me.)
Today I was brainstorming on ways to make these social media sites drive traffic to my blog.
I decided to make my blog a bit more Pinterest friendly. 🙂 So, I decided to make it easier for people to pin my posts by adding a ‘Pin It’ button to the corners of my photos. It was a bit confusing at first, but finally I figured it out, and MAN – was I happy when I finally got my ‘Pin It’ image to show up in the corner of my photos. haha… And now I’d like to show you How To Add a Pin It Button Over The Images on Your Blog!
I would like to share with you How To Add a Pin It Button Over The Images on Your Blog
First off, here is the plugin – JQuery Pin It Button For Images
- When in your WordPress “Dashboard” scroll down and click on “Plugins” and then “Add New”
- Then, search for JQuery Pin It Button For Images, and press “Search Plugins”.
- It will show up as the first one. (Make sure it is the one by: Marcin Skrzypiec)
- Click “Install Now”
- A window will pop up saying, “Are you sure you want to install this plugin?” Press “OK”
- Press “Activate Plugin” (Then it will show up in your Plugins tab where all your plugins are.)
- Now, there are two ways to get into the plugin’s settings. One: Scroll down until you see JQuery Pin It Button For Images and press on “Settings” or Two: on the left side of the screen you will see the tab “Settings” and then you will be able to find it in that tab.
- Once you’ve clicked into the settings for the Pin it button, you will scroll down to where it says “Minimum resolution that should trigger the ‘Pin it’ button to show up”Type in these digits:Height : 150 px
Width : 300 px
- Press “Save Changes”
- Scroll to top and click on “Visual”. In this tab you will be able to use a custom ‘Pin it’ button. Otherwise you will get the normal Pinterest “Pin It” button.
I hope this tutorial helps you know how to add a pin it button over the images on your blog and helps you get more Pinterest to your blog traffic. What an exciting journey, don’t you think?