A red nose.
Coughing that hurts.
A warm cup of mint tea sits next to my computer.
That’s right… I am sick. I’m sure you know the feeling!
Whenever November comes around, I pray I won’t get sick – first off because being sick is never fun. Also, because it throws you off your schedule.
When I am sick:
- I don’t have much energy
- I don’t want to do much
- I drink a lot of hot drinks. (My favorites are hot tang, mint tea, mint chocolate tea, and hot lemonade)
- I rather take a nap than sit at my computer
So How Do I Make Sure To Stay Healthy During NaNoWriMo & Beyond?
- Get enough sleep – I think this is something I haven’t been getting enough of.
- Eat Right – Eat enough fruits and veggies.
- Drink up – Drink enough water. They say you should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. (This is also something I hadn’t been very religious of.)
- Exercise – When you are a write it’s very important to get up and move. Moving around will also inspire you to live and write more adventurously.
Set a Fitness Goal For Yourself As Well As Your Writing Goal
- Set a goal – I want to lose weight in the month of November.
- Set a Reward – Reward yourself with something when you reach your goals. What do you want?
What are some things you do to stay healthy during NaNoWriMo?