Hello Lovely Lady!
You may be reading this because:
- You were recently at a skincare class of mine or another lady’s and you are considering starting your very own Mary Kay business.
- You are about to go to a skincare class and your consultant shared this link with you, so you’d know a little more about Mary Kay and what it offers.
- You may be watching this with your husband or mom so you can get a second opinion on whether Mary Kay may or may not be for you.
- Or maybe you are just watching this to help your beauty consultant win an awesome prize.
Whatever your reason is, for reading and watching this, I’m beyond thrilled and excited to have you.
In this blog post you will learn a little about me, my Mary Kay business, I’ll also share some fast fun facts with you about Mary Kay, and then I’ll leave you with a couple questions to get you thinking. Keep watching this link, as I’ll attach a Facebook Live video in this blog post as well!
A Little About Me & My Mary Kay Business:
Last night was my Business Debut Party! 🎉 We had a lovely turn out! I absolutely love the fellowship that Mary Kay creates. My director, Deb, awarded me with my Perfect Start Charm (for giving 15 facials to 15 women), my Power Start Charm (for giving facials to 30 women in 30 days), and my Pearls of Sharing Pearl earrings for sharing the opportunity with 3 lovely women. What other business rewards you like this for a job well done? Now I’m working toward my pearl bracelet and necklace! I want to give a warm thank you to all the ladies who were able to show up to help me celebrate. Also want to thank my mom for all the help setting up with delicious desserts and punch! ❤️ you @aberglundart! And also, thank you @intentional14 for the charms and earrings! I absolutely love them!!
I never thought I’d be selling Mary Kay. Honestly, I never thought I would. I kinda looked down on the whole direct sales thing, which I had no clue. But that’s where I came from. I knew I would work for myself somehow, someday. And I wanted that to be sooner than someday. BECAUSE REALLY, we only have one life, am I right?
I was that girl who was reading blogs written by couples who are traveling and posting pictures while working on the beach. I wanted to do that. Instead I found myself stuck in an office for 8 hours a week, 40 hours a week. It just felt that I was wasting my life and potential.
It reminds me of when I was in 7th grade, and I was sitting in science class by the window. It was a beautiful day outside and all I wanted was to be out there. Experiencing life and chasing my dreams.
On a stressful work week, my mom invited me to a yoga and facial night. It was lovely. And after the yoga, we did a facial and a grab and go makeup style.
Before that night, I kind of gave up on wearing makeup…
I know, crazy right? But I did, because it always felt so heavy and I didn’t feel like me. So I stopped wearing it. When I tried Mary Kay, the first thing I realized was how “ME” I felt with makeup and mascara on. I hated mascara before and now I wear it daily.
I was amazed that it didn’t even feel like I had makeup on. But, I did.
That’s when I looked over at my mom and said, “You know what, I think I could do this. I could probably do this full time.”
What you can achieve too!
A Little About Mary Kay Ash
- She was a single mom, struggling in a male-dominated business world for more than 25 years. She then retired in protest after another man she had trained was promoted above her.
- Mary Kay thought about her career frustrations and wished there was a company where women could be fully rewarded for their skills and abilities. She realized she didn’t have to just sit and wish and that she could create that company. She knew she wanted that company to sell a product that would create confidence and make women feel beautiful inside and out.
- The bumblebee was picked out by Mary Kay to be the ultimate symbol of accomplishment in the company, because years ago, aerodynamic engineers actually studied the bee and decided that is should not be able to fly, because it’s wings are too weak and it’s body was too big. So everything is screaming at the bumblebee that it can’t. “You’ll never get off the ground.” But the bee just continues on and flies, because it doesn’t know it’s supposedly not supposed to be able to fly.
Mary Kay Fast Fun Facts:
- We make 50% on everything we sell. Mary Kay has the highest commission structure in the Direct Sales Industry.
- Mary Kay was founded on the concept of “God first, Family second, and career third” and the golden rule.
- Our products are consumable, so they are recession proof. There are three industries that are recession proof: alcohol, tabacco, and cosmetics.
- Mary Kay is not a pyramid company or a multi-level company. Directors make the same amount as consultants. 50% commission.
- Starting your own Mary Kay business only costs $100. (plus tax and shipping) and it includes your starter kit, facial products, and your educational materials all in a super sweet bag.
- Mary Kay does not test on animals and is a PETA pledge member.
- Over 100,000 Independant Beauty Consultants and Directors have earned the use of a career car or taken the cash compensation.
- Mary Kay Inc is one of the 20 company profiles in the 1996 book, Forbes Greatest Business Stories of All Time and Mary Kay Ash is the only woman included.
- When people buy Mary Kay they are directly investing in the lives of their family and friends. Their money isn’t going to a CEOs third house.
- Mary Kay is a private, family-owned company of 50+ years with $4+ billion sales annually.The majority of Mary Kay products are manufactored in the USA, in Dallas Texas.
- Over $50 million between Mary Kay Inc and their charitable fund have been invested into communities across the world to find cures for cancer, fight domestic violence, and be socially responsible.
- Mary Kay is going green by having a worldwide recycling program, planting 1 million trees, saving 28 million gallons of water, and having 100% reusable energy.
- Mary Kay is the primary contributor to a program called Love is Respect. If you know someone in an unhealthy relationship tell them to text loveis “22522” and there is someone on the other side of the text 24/7.
Why do people join Mary Kay?
That’s a great question. And there are plenty of answers for it. Mary Kay fills in different needs for different women. Maybe it’s to get some well-deserved girl time away from the kids, or to make extra cash to help pay for a NEW couch, or maybe you want freedom from the corporate life like me?
Here are some different reasons why ladies join Mary Kay:
- You make as much extra cash as you’d like to. Unlimited earning potential.
- There are great tax benefits on office supplies, cell phone, office space, things you use around the house like cotton balls, and even your internet.
- Friends. This is something I’ve been blown away by. Through Mary Kay, I’ve met plenty of amazing women who are unshakable, strong, and confident. And we build each other up.
- It’s so unlike what you experience in the world.
- Recognition and Prizes: I love this. Mary Kay rewards you of a job well done. In your own job right now, when was the last time you were given a round of applause or a fancy bracelet or Apple Watch for doing a good job? Or how about a lovely day out, or vacations? If I think back to my past jobs, I can’t think of anytime I was rewarded like that.
- Cars: 2nd biggest fleet of company cars after the government.
- AND my FAVORITE: Flexibility, priorities, and upward mobility… In this business, you decide how much you work. Wouldn’t you love to be your own boss and work according to your priorities and what is important to you?
- Education and support, your education is ongoing and your support is always there. In Mary Kay you are in Business for yourself, but not by yourself.
- Advancement opportunities
- Self esteem and becoming the woman you’ve always wanted to be.
I Have A Question For You Now!
What’s the biggest dream you have for yourself and your family?
If you keep doing what you are currently doing, day in and out, will that dream EVER come true?
You Only Have One Life
You have to fight for the life you want. In this business, if you are willing to work, any of your dreams will be achievable. Now, just reach out to your consultant (if you don’t have one, you can totally reach out to me) and let her know what you thought of all that information.
Thank you so much for taking a couple moments out of your day to read this. I hope this post has blessed you and that maybe it’s also given you hope for a way to reach your dreams and goals.