I love DIY Instagram crafts!
Since I’m also a firm believer in having printed photos and not just having pictures trapped on our devices, I thought I’d share an exciting way to add your photos to your daily lives with this DIY Instagram project!
What you need:
- (4) 4×4 inch ceramic tiles
- (4) Printed photos. You can get them printed at a 4X6 or 4X4 size. Just be sure that your image completely fits on your tiles. Check out Walgreen’s photo app Printicular. Go into the app and access your photos easily from your camera roll, Instagram, or even Facebook, and other photo apps as well! Then order them. They will be ready for you in an hour for pickup. Or you can have them sent to you.
- Dishwasher Safe Modge Podge (So your photos are a bit more protected against water. Although, I definitely do not recommend washing your finished Instagram coasters in the dishwasher. Directions for washing them can be found on the side of the Modge Podge bottle.
- Sponge Paintbrushes
- Scissor (In case you need to trim the photo’s edges.)
1. Gather everything you’ll need.
2. Clean off your ceramic tiles.
3. Trim your photos if they need it.
4. Put a layer of Modge Podge on the bare tile.
5. Set trimmed photo on top of tile.
6. Brush a layer of Modge Podge over the photo.
7. And there you have an amazing piece of art. Make sure you let it dry. Add a few more coats.
- Lean coaster up against something on a shelf or cabinet for display in your kitchen, bedroom, or bathroom.
- Use as a coaster for your hot chocolate.
- Push all 4 coasters together to hold something bigger or for a decoration in the center of the table.
Are you going to make these? If you do, share a picture with @dancingpoetcreativemedia on Instagram with this hashtag. #InstAmazingLaunch
Want to learn more AMAZING Instagram stuff? If so, subscribe to Dancing Poet Creative Media’s newsletter and visit their blog hop that is going on right now for the chance to win a blog coaching session, Instagram Social Media Managing, or the full #InstAmazing Course in PDF form (when the PDF version launches.)
If you enjoyed this, you’ll also like: