I’m excited to share this news with you. I’ve been dreaming about the day that I’d get to say this for a long time.
I’m an entrepreneur now!
When I originally wrote this, I had just recently put my resignation letter in at my day job, so I can chase my goal of being an entrepreneur. My husband and I came together about it and prayed. We felt that now is the best time to go after it.
I know, if you are like any other NORMAL human being you might be wondering, “Why though, did you quit your day job? People always warn against that.”
I know. But this is why…
“Why be an entrepreneur now?”
- It’s the kind of lifestyle Johan and I have always wanted. Freedom.
- We have an international family we’d like to visit more often. And also get to spend more time with our family here in the states.
- The 2 week vacation/sick day quota is too little for us.
- When we have kids, we’d like to be working for ourselves so we can home educate our kids and also run a sustainable business from home or anywhere we are. Because daycare isn’t an option for us.
- I have a wandering soul. I am not comfortable and never have been stuck behind a desk for 8 hours. I still remember when I was in 7th grade at the public school in our small town, when I was sitting in science class and couldn’t stop staring out the window. I wanted to be out there. Not inside sitting at the desk in front of me. The same was true for when I was in 3rd grade and my mom told me that the teacher complained that I was always looking out the windows. What can I say, my dreams have always been calling to me. I have a free spirit and I love who I am.
- It’s what we want and if we don’t do it now, there’ll be a chance we’ll never be able to.
“But this might not work?”
Yes, I know many people wonder about that and might ask us that. This is something that I know. And it’s healthy for a person to realize that when going into a venture like this that it might just not work out. But I plan on giving entrepreneurship my ALL and I’ll work on it like never before.
“What are you going to do?”
I’m so excited about being an entrepreneur.
As many of you know, I’ve been doing Mary Kay and have been loving it. I’m going to build my team and enrich many other women’s lives. I want to strive to do that. I also want them to get the life they want. And if it means giving them more freedom, I’m great with that!
And the other side of it is, write. I am going to do freelance writing (and website design) and contract jobs for companies. But also, I’m going to write my book and get it out to the world by getting it into the hands of an Agent.
I know that many people say “Don’t quit your day job” and “The best time to find a job is when you have a job.” But honestly, I’ve wanted to be an entrepreneur ever since I was little. Ask my mom and you’ll hear stories about how I charged my relatives a quarter for them to watch me and my siblings perform in a play we put on together. (Makes me think a quarter was a little too little.) :P
Crazy & tired
With how life has been in the past couple months, I’ve been so busy. My 8-5 has taken up my whole day and pushed my coaching/facial business to late hours, which causes me to get home around 8pm, which makes it hard for me to spend time with my husband or even run errands to the store. And the reason for working for myself is so I can spend MORE time with my husband and do the things I love.
I haven’t been able to do the things I love, for a long time.
Being so busy, I wasn’t sure how I’d ever be able to get my business up and started. But then my husband and I decided to just jump for it.
I know some people might be thinking it’s a stupid move, but I don’t. This choice was for our life. So we could make the best life we’ve always wanted. We only have ONE life. You better bet we are going to FIGHT for the life we’ve always wanted.
I want to inspire you too, what are your dreams? Are you feeling like a zombie stuck in stand still traffic? Want to get a different job? What do you want?