Turn Your Personal Facebook Page into a Business Page
Do you ever get sick of hearing everyone’s dirty laundry on Facebook? Are you an artist, actor, writer, business, or another kind of creative professional? Have you ever thought of turning your personal Facebook account into a business account? If you answered yes to any of these questions, read on.
How to Turn Your Personal Page into a Business Page
In my day job, I had to change their personal Facebook page into a business page. I really struggled with it for awhile, because I couldn’t find any straight forward advise on HOW TO do it. Don’t you hate that? But then, I figured it out.
When you change it from a personal page to a business one, you get to keep your profile pic and all your friends. It’s just that your friends turn into your followers. But, other than those things no other content will be brought over from the personal page. (Follow the rules below so you don’t lose any of the things you’ve uploaded to your personal Facebook profile, like pics, messages, and whatnot.) I know you can comment on other pages, but you can’t join groups, because this is a business page.
This isn’t for everyone, but I thought I’d share a how to, so you know how incase you’d like to turn yours into a business page, as Facebook doesn’t like it when people open “Personal” Facebook pages as “Business” pages. You could be kicked off Facebook, if they find out you are not following their rules. So, be sure to follow their rules. Read on to find out how to turn your personal Facebook into a business page.
Here are the steps…
• In order to download your information hover your curser above the small blue downward pointing triangle on the blue bar at the right.
• Scroll down and click on Settings
2. If you are an admin to any other groups, you will need to appoint a new group admin for those.
• Appoint a new group admin by going to your pages
• Click Settings
• Once inside settings, go to the gray list of options on the lefthand side.
• Click on Page Roles
• Type the name of who you’d like to be the Admin. And make sure they are also listed as an Admin and not just as Editor or the other options. Pick Admin. (To do so, click on the small upside down triangle underneath the person you’ve chosen to be the new Admin and that is where you will be able to change it.)
4. After you’ve done that go here: Profile to Business Page Migration and choose what kind of business page you’d like to turn your Personal account into.
If You Change Your Mind…
If you change your mind, that you’d rather have your personal account than having it as a business page just click here for more information.