Can you believe there are only a couple months left till it’s 2018??
That pushes me into high gear. I need to accomplish many things before the new year! How is it that the month has vanished so quickly? The time disappears in the small moments throughout the day. It went by so fast that we are almost done with the third quarter of this year, and all before I even had a chance to share the 3rd Quarterly Goals post with you guys. So here it is.
In order to review, my 2nd quarter went pretty well. There were things I did pretty well, and there were other things I wish I would have done better on.
This week and weekend we had a lot of fun. We were able to finish our green card process with the green cherry on top of the immigration sundae: the green card interview. 🍒 __________ Besides that we were really happy to get away for a long week/end away. We’ve needed it. We slept in, had breakfast in the mornings, set off at our leisurely pace, went on hikes, and took a surprise trip to Wisconsin, went on a lovely dinner cruise, and last but not least spent an amazing time with my husband chatting about our lives and dreams! _________ This weekend showed us more than ever how much we want to work for ourselves so we can live the lives we’ve always wanted to. No waiting till 50 to live the dream. We are starting now!! ⭐️
Review: The Second QTRly – 2017 Goals
January, February, and March:
- Wake at 5am. (Haven’t perfected.)
- Write a minimum of 6 hours a week. (I did get about 6 hours of writing done a week in this quarter.)
- Finish current WIP. (Yep, dunno!)
- Do something special for someone I love every week. (12 month goal: Relationship. Be a better wife, daughter, sister, and friend.) (Didn’t do as good as I’d have liked to.)
- Run 4 days a week. (Nope, didn’t do as well as I’d have liked to.)
- Market basic product. (Nope.)
- Start creating a roadmap for a second product. (Nope.)
- Guest post on blogs and podcasts. (Not Yet)
- Do a Bible study daily. (Not as well as I’d liked to.)
- Read more. I want to read a minimum of 10 books. Really want to start focusing on getting more words read so I can improve my own writing. (Didn’t do as well on this sadly.)
Since last quarter was both good and bad, I want to break down this next quarter into smaller chunks. Because it seems that I am thinking I’ll get more done, than I actually am.
This Quarter: Third QTRly – 2017 Goals
July, August, and September:
- Wake at 5am.
- Minimum of 6 hours of writing a week.
- Grow my business on and offline.
- Blog Consistently
- Get current WIP edited and to critique partner and beta readers.
- Lose 10lbs by walking 10k steps a day and tracking my food intake.
Free. This is what every single day of your life should be like. Breathing fresh air in the great outdoors. Taking in great sights with like-minded people. And pushing yourself to become the best you possible! That’s something I’ve learned from running! A lot of it is mental. Photo cred. to my husband: Johan Joubert @spike_jou #glacier #glacierhalf #glacierhalfmarathon #runwild #montana #adventure #yobearadventures #youonlyhaveonelife #freedom
- Fully chase freedom. (I’ll share more on this in a later blog post.)
Last night, I had a lovely evening with my Mary Kay sisters. We made vision boards for the upcoming months. Some of the things I focused on with mine are: 1. I want to grow my business and achieve the red jacket position before the end of the year. 2. Ultimately I want to work for myself full time so I can spend the majority of my time with my family and doing stuff I love. This will give me flexibility and allow us to live the life we’ve always wanted to! Working for myself will also get rid of the person on top and allow me to run my business how I like. 3. Want to get our house and pay it off quicker than 30 years. 4. I want to get my book edited and submitted to agents still this year. 5. We want to get Johan’s parents here for Christmas. Right now, in my business I’ve been working to raise money for number 5 on my list.
- Start the first draft of SOHCAB
Even though this QTR sort of snuck by me. I am going to accomplish great things. I’ve learned a lot lately about setting goals and making sure to meet them without setting a new date for the goal to be accomplished. No more of that.