Have you ever created a playlist for your novel? A novel playlist will help you if you ever get stuck, while in the moment of working on your manuscript.
Lately I’ve been collecting songs for a future novel I want to write. I will start writing that novel after I’ve finished this current one that I’m working on.
Sometimes music pokes at my imagination when I’m not writing, because usually I can’t write to music with lyrics, but I can imagine to music with lyrics. So that’s what I do whenever I drive with the radio on.
If I don’t know certain songs I just click open either Siri or Shazam. They both have the ability to tell me what a song is. Then, I usually take a screen shot of it so I can look it up later.
Then look up your songs in Spotify or even Youtube. Start building your novel’s playlist.
Here is a playlist inspiring my next up and coming novel:
1. Ghost – Ella Henderson
2. Domino (Club Remix)
3. Counting Blue Cars – Dishwalla
4. Sugar – Maroon 5
5. Mr. Brightside – The Killers
6. Dangerous – Big Data
7. Story of My Life – One Direction.
8. FourFiveSeconds – Rihanna, Kanye West, and Paul McCartney
9. Budepest – George Ezra
10. All of Me – John Legend
11. Take Me to Church – Hozier
12. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
13. Counting Stars – One Republic
14. Little Talks – Of Monsters and Men
15. Summertime Saddness – Lana Del Rey