1. Find a perfect hashtag. Make sure the hashtag isn’t being used.
2. Pick a date.
3. Get the word out. (It’s smart to make sure you have enough time to advertise it so enough people hear about it.) I started advertising and getting the word out about it about 4-5 weeks before I scheduled the Twitter Chat.
4. Start planning for it. Start by, writing up a page of questions. Aim for at least 10-12 questions that relate to your topic.
5. Make sure it is under 140 characters. That is – make sure your question is under that amount so you can include the hashtag and so others may retweet it, if they like.
6. Blog on it. Mention the Twitter Chat in your blog posts and on your other social media outlets.
7. It’s a great way to make FRIENDS.
8. Make use of what you have. Check out www.tweetchat.com. It’s the perfect place to keep track of everything under a hashtag.
9. Send updates to your newsletter followers. Remember these folks subscribed to your newsletter. Keep them in the know.
10. Show up early. And send out alerts to when you will be starting. Like “15 minutes till we start. #WritingHarvest” and “5 minutes till we begin the fun. #WritingHarvest”